Flexible Working - Rights, Rules And Responsibilities
Course duration: ½ day.
This half-day training course provides comprehensive coverage of the existing law relating to all aspects of flexible working. Including maternity, adoption, paternity and parental rights, shared parental leave, the Works and Families Act and the Children and Families Bill plus the extension of the right to request flexible working for all. In an ever-changing legal environment, employers must ensure that policies and procedures are up to date and effectively implemented.
HR Managers, officers, administrators and line managers. Staff support networks, groups and representatives
The briefing will consider issues including:
- All key elements of law relating to family-friendly rights
- Practical implications of the law for your own organisation
- Extension of right to request
- The new ACAS code on handling requests
- Shared parental leave
- Statutory business reasons for turning down requests
- Ensuring compliance with family-friendly rights
- Prepare for extended family-friendly rights
- Anticipate further legal developments expected in the near future
- Ordinary and additional maternity leave
- Holidays and sickness absence