Managing Concise And Effective Meetings
One Day Programme
Those who have little or no experience of writing agendas and minutes. Those who produce ineffective agendas or over complicated minutes. Those who chair, write agendas and take their own minutes and who find this multiple role difficult.
This course covers all aspects of preparing and structuring agendas and gives simple guidelines for taking and writing minutes. It includes:
- Defining agenda and minutes
- Reducing the amount written by the minute taker
- Advantages of various note taking systems
- Thorough preparation
- Planning and writing an agenda
- Writing minutes: style and language
- Layout of minutes
The course includes discussions in plenary and small groups, syndicate work, practical writing exercises and a practice session of a meeting where course members take minutes and write them up afterwards.