Managing Conflict and Aggression and Dealing With Difficult People
One Day programme
The course is designed for delegates who deal with difficult people and members of the public on a regular basis, both at and away from the workplace.
The aim of the course is to enable delegates to gain an understanding of how and why conflict situations arise and then develop strategies for reducing and effectively controlling them. At the conclusion of the course delegates will be able to:
- Identify a range of verbal and non verbal factors which affect others
- Understand how and why communications break down
- Develop a conflict resolution model that can be used to diffuse difficult situations
- Understand how thoughts and feeling manifest into patterns of behaviour
- Develop assertiveness techniques by practicing ways in which difficult situations and people can be handled effectively
- Consider personal safety when dealing with potentially volatile situations.