Half Day and One Day Programmes
This course will be advantageous to ALL staff from Directors to those staff who do not have line manager responsibility.
Every member of staff is capable of displaying unconscious bias
Unconscious bias refers to the biases we all have of which we are not in conscious control.
We know that people discriminate consciously either due to prejudice or through ignorance. What is less known is that people often make choices that discriminate without even realising they are doing it. These biases occur automatically, triggered by the brain making quick judgments and assessments of people and situations based on personal background, cultural environment and experiences.
However, once an awareness of bias is raised from the unconscious to the conscious level, then the quality of the decision-making process improves drastically, resulting in a huge impact on organisational performance.
To ensure a genuinely fair and inclusive workplace where people are selected and valued solely for their skills and abilities. This interactive workshop will demonstrate how to raise bias to the conscious level and will equip participants with skills, understanding and practical strategies to guard against unconscious bias.
The course includes:
- Defining unconscious bias
- Recognising the science behind unconscious bias
- Identifying personal and business reasons to tackle unconscious bias
- Understanding organisational and individual biases and assessing their impact
- Identifying strategies to minimise the impact of biases on key business and people functions
- Creating personal strategies to minimise the impact of our own biases