Strategies For Success For The First Time Manager
One Day programme
Those in any job role who will soon be, or who have been, newly appointed into positions of management, leadership or supervisory responsibility.
The shift from managed to manager is a time of great change.
New skills must be learned quickly and applied comprehensively.
Changing relationships will need to be managed and a newly-increased workload will need to be handled effectively.
This course offers both teaching and non-teaching staff an overview of proven strategies for preparing for, settling into and succeeding in their first management role. The course includes:
- Building relationships
- Managing individual and team expectations
- Motivating and goal setting
- Time management and identifying work priorities
- Effective communication
- Monitoring progress and giving feedback
- Managing own learning and development.